Wednesday 24 June 2015

Another Learning Curve

I have decided to write a weekly blog for the next part of our journey on Quaintrelle, but the thing is, I've never done a blog before and I'm not that patient when it comes to technology.....  So, at the risk of poor Mike becoming a 'Blog Widower', here we go.....

I'll keep this short and sweet, just for today, as it's really just a test to see how this works, how it looks, so I can make changes and confuse everyone.  We left our mooring below Stone this morning and meandered (loads of boats on the cut called "Me and 'Er" by the way - geddit??) up the locks through Stoke on Trent.  A mix of rural and Very Urban scenery, and the train is never far away from the canal.  We moored up on the other side of Stoke, next to a lake, opposite a housing estate.  Tomorrow we'll visit the Middleport Pottery.


Tea-time commuters pass us at Lock 37

7 comments:

  1. Yay, a blog, Aileen. An excellent idea. You know I love my blogs! Hope you're both well and I look forward to following the next part of your adventure. Miss you. Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooo our first comment!!! Yes, sometimes have more than114 characters-worth to ssy ;) We're doing great thanks, love getting the gist of your work goings on ;) Miss you too - but not the work! Xxx

      Delete
  2. Ha ha wonderful! We are now going to put a link to your blog on our blog and I must investigate how to jazz up the colours! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I will have to work out how to put a link to you! :) x

      Delete
  3. Hello from NB Lillyanne (the yellow one), Just come across your blog for the first time. This morning our screen saver brought up a picture of our boats doing the Buckby flight in March(?). Hope you are both well and look forward to doing another flight with you next year, somewhere.
    Pip and Mick
    www.lillyanne.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo hello!! Nice to hear from you :) We did enjoy your company up the Buckby flight that day, always much easier with two boats!! We did pass you again later on this year, I saw the boat, but I think Mike maybe spoke to you? - have no idea where it was!! ;) Anyway, have a good winter and yes, hopefully see you again sometime, somewhere. Aileen and Mike.

      Delete
  4. I think it was near Branston on the T&M. Yes a very brief chat with Mike before the lock opened up in front of you. Keep warm and enjoy the winter. Pip and Mick

    ReplyDelete